Homestyle grilled hamburgers are a classic summer treat. This grilling recipe adds a little something extra to the flavor. It’s sure to get a few compliments. Add your own touch.
Homestyle Grilled Hamburgers
1/2 c sour cream 3 green onions, chopped
3 TB bread crumbs
1/2 ts Worcestershire sauce
1/2 ts lemon pepper
1 lb lean ground beef – make into 4 patties
4 hamburger buns
1 yellow onion
mustard, mayo, ketchup and/or pickles to taste
cheese slices – optional
1. Prepare white or yellow sweet onion by slicing in thick slices, place in plastic bag or glass jar with ice water, seal and refrigerate until ready to use. This makes the onions very crisp and juicy.
2. Slice a vine-ripened tomato into thick slices. Mix sour cream, chopped green onions, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and lemon pepper seasoning. Mix this in with the ground meat until combined well. Shape into 4 patties.
3. Place meat on grill over hot coals and cook to desired doneness, turning only once or twice. Drain well.
4. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and catsup. Blend well.
5. To serve, divide the catsup mixture evenly on the warmed hamburger buns, top with a meat patty, tomato slice, yellow onion slice and shredded lettuce. Also good with alfalfa or radish sprouts.
Summer Grilling Recipes and Tips
Get “Summer Grillin’” and get some grilling inspiration, tips, and six more delicious recipes .
Grilled marinated chicken
Grilled bananas with sour cream and toasted coconut
Grilled Tuna Steaks
Joey’s Grilled Hamburger Supreme
Grilled Bourbon Tri-Tip Steak
Click the button below to get Summer Grillin’ + more grilling and classic summer recipes.